Terms & Conditions
- The Terms govern your use of the Website including but not limited to any functionality, any updates/upgrades thereto, any related websites, the Company’s and Sandstorm Comics platforms, and the servers, through which all the foregoing are provided to You (collectively, our “Services“).
- Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at the
- In consideration of the opportunity to view and/or use the Website, You hereby agree to comply with the obligations set out in these
- We reserve any rights not expressly granted to You in these
- We may keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant purpose and/or for the minimum period set by the
- Creation of your Account: You may need to create a Sandstorm Comics Account via the Website (an “Account”) to access and use certain You can create at sandstormcomics.com, by supplying a valid e-mail address, truthful and accurate information, and all the necessary criteria.Except if specifically allowed within a particular Service, You acknowledge that You may not create multiple Accounts. We reserve the right to temporarily suspend and/or permanently block access to your Account at any time and at our discretion with or without cause.We hereby disclaim any and all liability to You or any third party relating to any temporary and/or permanent loss of to your access Account.
- Creation of Your Username or Avatar: Certain Services may require the creation of a “Username” or an “avatar”. You agree that your Username and/or avatar are linked to your Account and will be publicly We therefore advise You not to include your last name in your Username. Further, You may not use a Username and/or an avatar which is already used by someone else, which may be considered inappropriate and/or offensive and/or contrary to the United Arab Emirates’ cultural and religious values, or which does not meet the requirements of these Terms. We reserve the right to refuse registration of, or cancel, a Username and/or avatar in our sole discretion.
- Account Safety: You are solely responsible for and will be deemed to have carried out any activity, including any purchases, made by your You are also solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account and any User identification, passwords, authentication codes or other security devices or procedures (collectively “Password“). To ensure Your Account safety, We strongly recommend that You:
- Never share your Account details with
- Choose a strong alphanumeric Password, e. containing lowercase, uppercase letters, numerals, special characters (@, #, etc.). We reserve the right to refuse any Password at our discretion.
- Choose a Password that is different from any other Password You use to access third- party services; and change it on a regular
- We reserve the right to require You to change your Password at any
- Equipment: Please note when creating your Account that use of our Services does not include supply by us of a computer or any other hardware, equipment or service necessary for their To use our Services, You must have your own means of telecommunication and Internet access.
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- You acknowledge that all materials on or in our Services, including the Services’ texts, design, graphics, music, characters, names, themes, objects, scenery, costumes, effects, dialogues, slogans, trademarks, logos, places, characters, diagrams, concepts, choreographies, videos, sounds, pictures, audio-visual effects, domain names, creative works, data, software links, copyrighted material and other intellectual property rights in all information, documents or material on the Website and any technology or code making up any twofour54 Company widget and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Content“) are the property of us or our licensors, and are subject to and protected by United Arab Emirates and international copyright and other intellectual property laws and You will not obtain any ownership interest in the Content or our Services through these Terms or otherwise. All rights to the Content not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved to their respective copyright owners. Except as expressly authorized by these Terms or on our Services, You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, perform, display, post, transmit, exploit, create derivative works or otherwise use any of the Content in any form or by any means, without the prior written authorization of us or the respective copyright owner, which may be granted at its sole discretion.
- If You breach any of the provisions in these Terms, in addition to all other legal remedies available, Your permission to use the Website and your licence to use the Content immediately and automatically terminates and You must immediately delete, return or destroy any downloaded or printed extracts of Content from the
- No Content or any other part of the Website may be reproduced, republished, extracted, modified, copied, distributed, displayed, stored or otherwise included in any other website or any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our specific prior written
- The trade mark and trade name “Sandstorm” is owned by the You shall not use or display publicly the “Sandstorm°” trade mark without the prior written consent of the Company.
- The Website may contain or make reference to trademarks or other proprietary intellectual property rights of the Company, its partners or of other third parties. No licence to or right in any of these trademarks or other proprietary intellectual property rights is granted to or conferred upon You by reason of such reference.
- You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Website or the Company Content, except as expressly permitted in these No licenses or rights are granted to You by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by the Company or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
- While We endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, You hereby acknowledge that We shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period or if your access to the Website is
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system, mobile telephone or other communication device meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the
- the Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend and/or discontinue all aspects and/or any part of the Website, including any portion thereof on a global or individual basis, and to block access from a particular Internet address, Internet protocol (IP) address or geographical territory to the Website, at any time, without ascribing any reasons Any and all changes shall take effect at the time they are posted on the Website and/or directly communicated to You unless otherwise specified.
- You must be at least 21 years of age (or such other minimum age as is applicable in your country of residence) to create an Account. If You are between 13 and 21 (or the age of majority where You live), You and your parent or guardian must review the Terms Parents and guardians are responsible for the acts of children under 21 years of age when using our Services. We recommend that parents and guardians familiarize themselves with parental controls on devices they provide their child.
- We may allow a minor under 21 to register for certain Services with parental The parent/legal guardian may be asked to provide additional documentation or perform additional actions as part of the approval process as consistent with applicable law. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service pending confirmation and activation by his/her parent or guardian. In addition, We reserve the right to ask for written proof of parental consent for any User or potential User of our Services We suspect is a minor.
As far as is permitted by applicable laws, We decline any responsibility regarding any activities which may be conducted by minors without the permission of their parents or legal guardians. If You are a parent or legal guardian and You give your permission for your child to register for one or all of our Services, You herby agree to the Terms relating to use of such Services by your child.
PERMITTED USE OF WEBSITE
We want to offer You and other Users a welcoming, safe and respectful environment for You and other Users to feel part of such a friendly, safe and fair community, You agree that You will abide by any specific community guidelines
published on the Website and in general shall not
- misuse the Website or any communication systems that the Website utilizes in any way whatsoever (including, without limitation, by hacking);
- use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful in any relevant jurisdiction or is otherwise prohibited by these Terms;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Website, Company’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Company’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Company system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by the Company or any of Company’s providers or any other third party to protect the Website or Company Content;
- attempt to access or search the Website or Company Content or download Company Content from the Website through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Company or other generally available third party web browsers (such as but not limited to Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Opera);
- send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other form of solicitation;
- use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Company trademark, copyright, logo URL or product name without Company’s express written consent;
- use the Website or Company Content for any commercial purpose for the benefit of You or any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Website or Company Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Website or Company Content;
- interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any User, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Website;
- collect Content from the Website using automated means, such as “spiders,” “scrapers,” bots or robots, without prior express permission from Company;
- encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the
- Abuse, harass or bully other Users or Company representatives via verbal or written This includes but is not limited to trolling, flaming, spamming, or using language or content We deem illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, offensive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory or hateful;
- Buy, sell, trade or transfer your Account to anyone;
- Bypass regional restrictions with the help of a proxy, VPN and other tools;
- Engage in any activity, such as cheating, hacking, botting, boosting, or tampering that gives the Account owner (and/or his/her teammate(s)) an unfair advantage or causes detriment to other players’ experience;
- Take any inappropriate actions toward any This includes, but is not limited to, comments, private messages or user generated Content containing or relating to inappropriate behavior, including but not limited to physical abuse, sexual abuse, and/or pornography;
- Exploit of any new or known glitches/bugs which provide an unfair advantage over other players;
- Provide false Registration Information, creating an account with false information (email address, date of birth, etc);
- Commit fraud, reversal of credit card charges or “chargeback” resulting in debt. A chargeback can include credit card theft, identity theft, or non-approved use by family or friends;
- Groom or encourage other users to commit inappropriate or illegal acts in-game or the real world;
- Impersonate any other player or Company representative or reveal any personal information of another player or Company representative;
- Record any other player or Company representative without his or her consent;
- Create an inappropriate Username or This includes but is not limited to the use of names which would be deemed contrary to UAE cultural values and sensitivities. You may also not use a name containing “Sandstorm” or anything related to the UAE Royal family and/or political figures;
- Engage in any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client, forum, or any other Company medium; and
- Refuse to obey the instructions of any Company
(Collectively the “Rules of Conduct”):
- We are not responsible for and do not endorse the opinions, advice and/or recommendations displayed or sent by any Users on our Services, including on any public forum and decline any responsibility in this regard. Subject to applicable law, We do not undertake to monitor or remove the content, messages and other information made available on our Services by Users. We nevertheless reserve the right, without this constituting an obligation, to review such Content, including without limitation the ability to contact You to confirm that You are the owner of the elements (text, words, images, sounds, videos, ) posted, and/or to remove any such Content at its discretion, including without limitation, refusing any Username, avatar, screen name and/or Password You have chosen. We further reserve the right to define additional rules of conduct and to place limits on the use of our Services.
- We may fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities of the United Arab Emirates or any court order issued by the courts of the United Arab Emirates or any order or direction issued by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of the United Arab Emirates requesting or directing the Company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in purported or suspected breach of any clauses of these Terms or any applicable
- We reserve the absolute right:
- Your use of the Website and Content and any other content made available through the Website is at your sole risk and discretion, and Company hereby disclaims any and all liability to You or any third party relating
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- The Website may include links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Company and that are provided solely for your If You use these links, You will leave the Website. Company has not reviewed and is not obliged to review all of these third party websites and is not responsible for these websites, including their content, privacy policies, practices or availability and the conduct of the proprietors of such websites. The inclusion of these links on the Website does not imply any endorsement or approval of the linked sites or the Content, information or any linked addresses therein, or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If You decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, You do so entirely at your own risk.
- If You would like to link to the Website from another website, You may only do so on the basis that You link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the “Company” trade mark or any other trade mark owned and/or controlled by Company;
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
- You do not in any way imply that Company is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with Company nor present any other false information about Company;
- You do not otherwise use the “Company” trade mark or any other trademarks displayed on the Website without express written permission from Company;
- You do not otherwise use the whole or any part of the Content without express permission from Company;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned or controlled by you;
- the other website does not contain Content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial or is in any way contrary to the political, cultural or social norms or sensitivities in the United Arab Emirates;
- the other website does not infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party; and
- the other website complies with all the laws and regulations of the Media Zone Authority – Abu Dhabi, the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Federal laws of the United Arab Emirates as applicable
- Company expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in clause 3 at any time and for any reason and to take any action it deems appropriate.
COMMUNICATION FROM YOU
- With respect to all communications and submissions You make to the Company regarding the Website (or Content on the Website), including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions and other feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, text, photographs, graphics, video or audio in any format, (“Communication”), the Company will use all reasonable endeavours to act in good You acknowledge and agree that in the absence of a written agreement by the Company to the contrary:
- the Company shall have no obligation to protect your Communication from any disclosure;
- the Company is or may be from time to time investigating other ideas, creations, concepts, businesses and other forms of submission;
- the Company may therefore be in discussions with third parties from which Company may already have received or may from time to time receive proprietary information that is similar to your Communication, the subject matter of which is not related to or derived from your Communication;
- the Company shall be free to use, disclose, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and/or create derivative works from your Communication for the purposes of assessment and evaluation provided that such right is exercised at all times in good faith within the Company and/or in respect of a restricted number of third parties;
- We shall not be obliged to open, review or respond to any Communication; and
- You grant to the Company a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive sub licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your Communication worldwide and/or to incorporate your Communication in other works in any media now known or later developed to the full term of any rights that may exist in your If You do not wish to grant these rights please do not submit your Communication.
- You warrant and represent that:
- all Communication is your own original work; and
- You have the right to make it available to us for all purposes and to grant the rights referred to in these
- The Content, including any e-mail notifications, news updates, and/or notices of events, is intended for informational purposes only and does not in any case constitute a legally binding
- While We endeavour to ensure that the Content is correct and current, The Company makes no express or implied condition, warranty, representation or undertaking as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness. The Company may make changes to the Content and the products, services and programs described on the Website, at any time without The Content may be out of date, and We make no commitment to update such Content.
- The Content is provided ‘as is’, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, We provide You with the Content on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, conditions of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, the use of reasonable care and skill and any other conditions implied by law) which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the
- the Company, and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to You or a third party in connection with your access to, use of, inability to use or the results of use of the Website or your downloading or use of any Content, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such
- You agree that in no event shall the Company be liable for:
- any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss or damages;
- any loss of reputation, income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption;
- any loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property in connection with your access to, use of, inability to use or the results of use of the Website or your downloading or use of any Content, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such
- You fully indemnify the Company for any loss or damage suffered by the Company for any breach by You of these
- These Terms represent the entire understanding and agreement between the Company and You concerning your use of the Website and the Content. Any and all previous courses of dealing, written or oral understandings, discussions, representations, correspondence and communications between the Company and You relating to the matters covered by these Terms are hereby You hereby agree that You have not relied upon, and will have no remedy in respect of, any warranty, statement, representation or understanding made by any party including the Company unless it is expressly set out in these Terms.
- All notices shall be given to the Company via email at email@example.com
- If any provision of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provisions in question shall not be
- The Company may assign, transfer, novate or subcontract any or all of its rights and obligations under these Terms at any
- These Terms may be available in English and Arabic For the avoidance of doubt the English-language version shall at all times take precedence in the event of any discrepancy.
Please read all instructions before making a submission.
To submit a proposal to Sandstorm, the following items must be included:
A logline is a compact and detailed description in one or two sentences, at most, of what your script is about. It contains the premise of the story, the characters, their motivations, and the core conflict surrounding the protagonist. Some good examples include:
After a simple jewellery heist goes terribly wrong, the surviving criminals begin to suspect that one of them is a police informant.
A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers.
Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny, eludes him.
With the logline completed, and the reader’s interest captured, the synopsis tells the reader more about the characters inhabiting the world and the complex events occurring therein. Synopses are short and succinct and shouldn’t exceed more than 300 words.
Project Review Process:
The Sandstorm team will review your submission and determine its eligibility based on the below criteria. A final decision on your submission status will be emailed to you once the review process is complete.
There are three outcomes to your submission:
- Approved: This means that your submission has been successfully chosen by us and will be taken on board to develop further.
- In-Development: Your submission has met some of Sandstorm’s criteria, however it may need further development, and will require you to go through some training and development programs. Once completed, your submission will be reassessed to determine whether it can be given the green light.
- Rejected: Applicants will be given constructive feedback and can apply again next year.
Eligibility and evaluation criteria:
- Applicants: Sandstorm accepts submissions from all nationalities residing within the UAE.
- Unique concept: Your concept needs to be an original idea and not based on any fictional work or characters.
- Well-constructed ideas: Your concept needs to be fleshed out, and should give our team context on the concept background, the characters, and the world they live in.
- Project already in development: You must have already started working on developing your concept in some form.
- Public appeal: Your concept needs to appeal to a wide range of comic book readers and should aim to transcend borders.
- Passionate and committed creator: You need to be ready to fully dedicate your time to complete your project. Comic book development is time consuming and you will need to be ready to work with multiple players and stakeholders and accept constructive feedback.